READING LIST from the Glasgow Women’s Library
Graphic designers Kaisa Lassinaro and Maeve Redmond have designed READING LIST, a series of t-shirts that reference books, which they have selected, from the Glasgow Women’s Library catalogue. All of these books (and many more!) are free to borrow from Glasgow Women’s Library.
So the Reading List t-shirts are really cool, but I would feel like an absolute phony buying one without having read the books. One of them I’m on top of, I have A Room of One’s Own on my nightstand. BW, sorry it has taken me approximately a million years to get round to reading it. But here’s the full list to work through, nonfiction and fiction (including a bit of speculative sci fi!), from oldest to most recent.
- A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf, 1929
- Sisterhood Is Powerful Ed. Robin Morgan, 1970
- The Driver’s Seat by Muriel Spark, 1970
- Woman on the Edge of Time by Marge Piercy, 1976
- The Living Mountain by Nan Shepherd, 1977
- Our Bodies Ourselves by Boston Women’s Health Book Collective, 1978
- The Politics of Housework Ed. Ellen Malos, 1980
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker, 1982
- Gender Trouble by Judith Butler, 1990
- How To Be Both by Ali Smith, 2014
And how cool is the Glasgow Women’s Library? It’s “the only Accredited Museum in the UK dedicated to women’s lives, histories and achievements”. Neat.
Thx, SB, for sharing this with me.