We’ve got a very simple page up for the Feminist Open Source Group. Excited to see where this heads.
Marion Stokes recorded television news twenty-four hours a day between 1979 to 2012 on to over 70,000 VHS and Betamax tapes, planning her days around the length of a tape and storing her output in various apartments. Her collection was donated to the Internet Archive and the tapes are now being digitised so that they will eventually be available to the public online.
Recorder: The Marion Stokes Project is a documentary, a portrait of Marion Stokes by filmmaker Matt Wolf. The image above is a still from the trailer. I really hope to see it at some point, maybe it will come to London. Thanks to RE for bringing this to my attention.
- This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) – Talking Heads
- I Love Hot Nights – Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers
- Silver Lining – Rilo Kiley
- I’m A Lady – Santigold ft. Troubled Andrew
- Acid Raindrops – People Under The Stairs
- Blue Sky – The Allman Brothers Band
- Failure – Kings of Convenience
- Fade Into You – Mazzy Star
- Lady Pilot – Neko Case
- For the Dishwasher – Grandaddy
- Lola – The Kinks
- I Love You All – The Soronprfbs ft. Micheal Fassbender
- Good Vibrations – The Beach Boys
- Doo Wop (That Thing) – Ms. Lauryn Hill
- Mushaboom – Feist
- Circle – Shugo Tokumaru
- Your Arms Around Me – Jens Lekman
- The Big Sky – Kate Bush
EDIT 28.05.2018 at 14:37:
After making this playlist, SB suggested “The Morning of Our Lives” by Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers which does indeed fit the brief perfectly. Searched for the song on Spotify and came across this playlist, which IMO is superior! And it’s longer, so 👍
Surfing with coffee #4. This is off the back of Odrathek with Musarc, includes a few things/people I’ve looked in to after that overwhelming experience. Not comprehensive, but perhaps consider this big wave surfing…
Célia Gondol (B↓)(C↓) Chase the vibrations; Jenny Moore (↓D) (↓E) Sang “Reclaim the night” the whole way back last night (Central line din disguises humming nicely); Neil Luck (↓F) Reliving childhood softball injury; Bartosz Glowacki with Lore Lixenberg (↓G) First time a live musical performance has made me cry; Edka Jarząb (↓H) Intoxicating voice for change;
need to find the red book she read from on third day; read Warsound Warszawa; Rie Nakajima (↓I) Creator and destroyer of helpless noise creatures
Bloody Sirens GET IT NOW!
Zuzanna Ginczanka (↓M)
On Centaurs (↓) Not ideal since it seems to be paginated for press…
And 🌈, with added 🌧! To be restaged next Saturday 19 May 2018 at the RA for RA250.