Takeaways from a particularly good evening in the pub last night:
- Small cities are where it’s at, and Ghent is the bees knees
- Check out Code for Science & Society
- Read The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalupi
- Read Broad Band by Claire L. Evans
- It’s just people all the way down; be excellent to each other
And a salad recipe from a great cab driver:
In a large bowl, combine some diced cucumber, diced celery, and halved cherry tomatoes. Add finely chopped wet garlic or green onions (scallions). Toss with olive oil and lemon juice and season to taste. Optional additions include olives, mint, boiled Jersey potatoes, rocket (arugula), or feta. Use apple cider vinegar if you don’t have lemon juice.