A bunch of the songs I’ve been singing or would like to sing to B. From friends, family, Musarc, etc. Some are lullabies, many are not, but they all have a lullaby feel to me.
Links are to YouTube.
- “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” from The Wizard of Oz, here sung by Judy Garland
- “Baby Mine” from Dumbo, here sung by Betty Noyes
- “Moon River” from Breakfast at Tiffany’s, here sung by Audrey Hepburn
- “Candle on the Water” from Pete’s Dragon, here sung by Helen Reddy
- “Feed the Birds” from Mary Poppins, here sung by Julie Andrews
- “Stay Awake” from Mary Poppins, here sung by Julie Andrews
- “Smile” by Charlie Chaplin, John Turner, and Geoffrey Parsons, here sung by Nat King Cole
- “Yesterday” by The Beatles, here
- “Danny Boy” or “The Derry Air”, here sung by Sinéad O’Connor
- “Edelweiss” from The Sound of Music, here sung by Bill Lee
- Wiegenlied, Op. 49, No. 4 by Johannes Brahms, much better known as Brahms’ Lullaby or “Guten Abend, gute Nacht”, here sung in Hebrew, English, and German by Esther Ofarim
- “Es wird scho glei dumpa”, here sung by the Tölzer Boys Choir
- “Schlaf, Kindlein, Schlaf”, here sung by the Wernigerode Youth Choir
- “Vent Frais, Vent Du Matin”, here sung by Veronique Chalot
- “Ik ga slapen ik ben moe”, here sung by Jelske Ottema (I think?)
- “Turn Around”, here sung by Harry Belafonte
Would love to collect more.