How to use instant lettering
- Remove blue backing paper and position sheet on working surface. Shade lightly over the letter with a ballpoint pen.
- Gently peel away sheet – the letter is now transferred. Repeat until your lettering is complete.
- Re-burnish through backing paper over copy for firmer adhesion.
Finally sat down to take pics of Mom’s old dry-transfer lettering.
This is just a tiny fraction. Some of the sheets are so brittle! Pictured above:
- Caslon 540 Italic, 50pt
- Berling, 24pt
- Playbill, 48pt
- Windsor Elongated, 48pt
- Avant Garde Gothic Bold Condensed, 24pt
- Flamenco Inline, 72pt
- Microgramma Bold, 60pt
- Avant Garde Gothic Bold Medium, 24pt
- Optima, 48pt
- Albertus, 48pt
- Avant Garde Gothic Medium Condensed, 24pt
- Data 70, 24pt
- Engineering Standard, 24pt
- Futura Bold, 36pt