Boiled eggs 🥚
I’m decent in the kitchen yet always screw this up. Don’t wing it, follow instructions below.
- Place eggs in saucepan. They should fit comfortably.
- Fill saucepan with water, covering the eggs by the breadth of a finger or two.
- Turn heat on high and bring to a boil. Stick around, read a book or do some dishes or something. You need to be there when it starts actually boiling.
- Right when the water has come to a full boil – you can tell by listening, the eggs will probably be knocking around a little – take the pan off the heat and cover the eggs.
- Allow the eggs to sit covered in the hot water for 4-10 minutes. 4 = soft, 6 = jammy, 8 = firm, 10 = hard. If making soft boiled eggs for eggs and soldiers, let them sit for about two minutes, three max. The egg will continue to cook when you place it in the egg cup.
- When they’ve reached the desired done-ness, remove the eggs to an ice water bath. Allow to rest in the cold water at least 10 minutes.
In the fridge with the shell on, soft boiled eggs keep about two days and hard boiled eggs keep about 4 days.