Korean recipe reference
Came across two blogs full of well-explained Korean recipes recently, Korean Bapsang and Apricosa. List of recipes to try first below (need to do the easier ones before graduating to the more complicated stuff!).
- Bibimguksu (비빔국수) Korean Spicy Cold Noodles
- Bulgogi (불고기) Grilled Marinated Beef
- Oi muchim (오이 무침) Spicy Korean Cucumber Salad
- Yeongeun Jorim (연근 조림) Sweet and Chewy Lotus Roots
- Jajangmyeon (자장면) Noodles in Black Bean Sauce
First though, start with Chap Chae (잡채) Sweet Potato Noodles with Vegetables.
Update 01/10/14 – Tried that Chap Chae recipe and it was lovely, if tasting a little strongly of soy sauce. Maybe Korean soy sauce has a lighter flavor than the stuff I had? Who knows. Will make again, adjusting the ratio in the sauce. Also, recipe doesn’t call for gochujang, but I added a bit and it was *very* nice.